There is nothing better than a quick snack between meals. There are plenty of protein bars available at grocery stores or pharmacies, but they are filled with sugar and are rarely that healthy. Homemade bars are easy to customize to your own taste. You can add dried fruit or dip in melted chocolate instead of adding the chocolate chips. As summer vacations are coming up, remember these make great road trip snacks!
If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. Try out these coconut protein bars and let us know how they came out.
Homemade Coconut Protein Bars
Coconut protein bars with rice protein
- Food processor (optional for grinding half the oats)
- 6-8 inch baking sheet
- Baking parchment paper
- Dry measuring cups
- Liquid measuring cup
- 1/2 cup grounded oats
- 1/2 cup whole oats
- 1/2 cup rice protein powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Grind 1/2 cup of oats with a food processor. You can also use a cup of whole oats if you don’t have a food processor.
- Mix ground oats, protein powder, and coconut flakes.
- Mix in pecans, rest of the oats and the chocolate chips in separate bowl.
- Pour almond milk in with the protein powder. Mix until even consistency. Make sure to finish mixing all of the ingredients together within 5 minutes as the rice protein will start to stiffen immediately.
- Add the pecans, oats and chocolate chips to almond milk mix. Again, mix until consistent.
- Spread into baking pan lined with baking sheet.
- Leave in your fridge for 1 hour.
|Protein Foods||½ oz.|
|Added Sugars||28 Calories|
|Saturated Fat||37 Calories|
|Nutrient||Amount||% of Daily Target or Limit|
|Protein||15 g||26% target|
|Carbohydrate||29 g||22% target|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g||12% target|
|Total Sugars||8 g||No daily target or limit|
|Added Sugars||7 g||11% limit|
|Total Fat||12 g||No daily target or limit|
|Saturated Fat||4 g||14% limit|
|Monounsaturated Fat||5 g||No daily target or limit|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||3 g||No daily target or limit|
|Linoleic Acid||2 g 15% target|
|α-Linolenic Acid||0.1 g||8% target|
|Omega 3 – EPA||0 mg||No daily target or limit|
|Omega 3 – DHA||0 mg||No daily target or limit|
|Cholesterol||0 mg||0% limit|